Thursday, September 29, 2011

‘One for the Money’ Trailer Released - GalleyCat

‘One for the Money’ Trailer Released - GalleyCat

No, no, no, no. I am a HUGE Janet Evanovich fan, but no, the trailer did not capture her brilliant characters. I liked Katherine Heigl in Knocked Up, but hated her character Izzy in Grey's Anatomy. Sorry, but she is not Stephanie Plum. Okay, I've only seen one trailer, but she's tentative. Stephanie's not tentative. She might feel tentative, but she usually doesn't show it. Outwardly, she's nothing but swaggering badass. That's why I love her. She pulls off badass even though half the time she has no idea what she's doing.

Debbie Reynolds as Grandma Mazur. No. Hair is wrong. Grandma Mazur is more like Estelle Getty in Golden Girls--too bad she's no longer with us--she would have been perfect.

Jason O'Mara as Joe Morelli. I'm okay with him and Daniel Sunjata seems okay as Ranger.

Sherri Shepherd seems good as Lulu.

Let me put this in perspective. I am open to movie adaptations of novels. I try to be open. Loved the first Bridget Jones movie, I thought Renee Zellwegger nailed it. I liked the Harry Potter cinematic trio, but obviously, the books have the movies trumped in spades due to the intricacies of the world, the humor, and all the characters.

I want to like this movie and maybe I will. But I must say I am disappointed in the casting. Like others, top of the head pick to play Stephanie would be someone like Sandra Bullock. Or Courtney Cox. Or even Eva Longoria. Someone more spunky, scrappy, and seemingly confident. Thoughts?

No comments:

Post a Comment